Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We are full of secrets around here . . .

Okay I have one more surprise to share with you. This one has been in the works for over 2 months. But today, it became official and FINALLY public knowledge!! Whoo! That's a long time for Holden and I to keep a secret. But we did really well.
See, Holden is standing beside a For Sale sign in front of our house. (He no longer lets me pose him for pictures. In fact, he hardly is still unless he's sleeping or harnessed.) So, yes! We're moving. We're moving to the DFW area, back south of the Red River. You'll have to email me if you want more specifics on location. I don't share that info with the world wide web. :) We are excited to finally be close to family and so many friends in the area. Our intention was always to get back to Texas and now after almost 7 years, it is finally happening. We are excited and happy for the change. But I very well know that when it comes down to it, leaving will be very sad. We have been here long enough for it to feel like home and to build some wonderful friendships. I am trying to prepare myself for the sadness that sometimes comes with moving and changes in general. Leaving people you love and trying to connect in a new place. It's never easy breezy. A new place, a new home, a new church, a new job for Jeremy. Yes, we have alot on our plate right now. We appreciate your prayers through all these new adjustments.

There are 2 posts in the works:
1) Things I will miss in Oklahoma.

Things I will NOT miss in Oklahoma.

14 comments:

Molly said...

Booo. I am so sad to see this although I knew it was coming. I hope that even though we are that annoying OU family, you still are sad about leaving Holden's life long love, Sadie Skielar.

I am SO way excited for you all to be moving closer to family. And so proud of you for making them priority...I am just being selfish right now that we are losing such an incredible family and transracial adoption support. But obviously God has great plans for you in the big D.

Congrats. **Sniff, sniff**

The Skains Family said...

So happy for you guys! I can't believe all the changes that are happening for you guys. Wow! THat will be so great for your family. I told Alicia today that I can't believe all 3 of you guys are going to be there now, and that you are all going to hang out all the time and leave me out (I'm saying this in my most pouty voice)! Haha. And by the way, didn't change my post because of you. I was in the middle of writing it when you posted your comment. I just hadn't finished editing yet. Congrats again!

The Myers said...

I know this will be a tough move for y'all and we will be praying that the transition goes as smoothly as possible. But obviously Josh, Camryn and I are thrilled that y'all will be so much closer!!!!! We can't wait for fun playdates and celebrating birthdays and special occasions together. We are SO excited! Of course we'll still need to have our bi-yearly weekend get togethers. :)

Daysha said...

Molly took my words exactly...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Coopers said...

Not Boooo at all for this big sis! I am so excited my baby sister and family is finally going to be close! We are praying for you guys during this time of transition and addition!! We love you!

Melinda said...

Well it sure doesn't look like y'all will have to worry about being bored any time soon. I'm glad everything is working out for y'all. I'll be praying for you.

Heather said...

That's exciting news - a new baby and a move - WOW gonna be a busy time for you all. Will keep you all in my prayers.

everyday graces said...

Wow you are just full of surprises aren't you? I'm sad that you are moving but so happy for you too. Home is where the heart is and I know that for girls like us that usually involves being close to the family we love. So yay for being close to family! Keep me updated!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

By the way, since I'm not a blogger - the only way I could comment was to use my OLD AIM screen name which was babyJ735. Sorry if that weirded you out...

-Sara Crawford

The Swifts said...

So much excitement at your house! Congrats on Mr. Paxton, I'm sure he's as adorable as sweet Holden! Praying that you have a smooth transition into a family of 4 and into a new town and house! Congrats!

Phyllis said...

So glad it's finally happening!! The changes will be an adjustment but we will all help!!
Love you!!

Rebecca said...

That's great news! Glad to hear you're moving back down here. Maybe you'll be close to us? Holden and Hudson could be great buds...

April said...

I am so blessed to witness so many blessings and answered prayers! It makes me giddy! We love you guys!