Recent Posts

Thursday, September 10, 2009

things i won't miss . . .

Let's me start with this one because I can be lighthearted, funny (at least that's my attempt) and not so teary! Don't take me too seriously Okies, it's all in fun.
1)The OU fans can be over the top. I mean, a little nuts. Football is huge in Texas. That's the only reason Jeremy's hometown is on the map. But this is something I had never witnessed before. When we were new to Oklahoma people asked where we were from. We would say, "Texas". And we would get upside down Longhorn fingers in our face. And at the time, I didn't even know what a Sooner was. Well . . . I still don't. I for sure didn't think they were rivals to UT. I thought that was A&M right?
2)The flies are massive, but luckily slow moving and easy to kill. We had at least 9 in our house at dinner tonight. Nice. There's just no way to avoid them.

3) The wind is terrible. And after about a 3 minute walk outside, you smell like dirt. That is what this wind does to you. It makes you smell like dirt.

4) This one is added at Jeremy's request. "The freakin' cold winters." Okay, I have to disagree with this one. I love the cold, the ice storms, the snow. It brings excitement and I normally don't have to be out in it. So I will miss those days.

And I think that's about it. See, there really isn't too much to hate about Oklahoma City.

1 comment:

everyday graces said...

I'm sure you have me to thank for letting in the teams of flies the other day while we chatted w/your front door wide open.