Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All by myself . . .

Yesterday was the test to see if I could do this thing all by myself. The day went well and we even had some friends over to play. But if you could have seen me that morning, I wasn't singing that same tune. Holden is extremely active and BUSY. He is in to absolutely everything. We haven't locked up cabinets and drawers because we knew we would be moving soon and so it seemed like a waste of time. But we have said several times in the last month, "next house we're putting locks on everything". We just can't seem to keep him out of the bathroom and kitchen cabinets and whatever else he can find to rummage through. He can make a mess real quick. See for yourself . . . .
Monday's mess!
By the way, I keep all medicines way out of reach of little ones. But I had some Children's Imodium AD tucked away in his room and Holden found it. He was running around the house shaking it up and somehow it came open. It went everywhere and Holden was slipping and sliding in it. My life is now busy enough without an extra mess on the floors and an extra morning bath for Holden. But so it goes, I suppose. One day later and it's already funny. I knew it would be with time, that's why I paused to take a picture. I made Holden sit in the mess while I ran his bathwater. And sweet Paxton just chilled in his bouncy seat the entire time. So how is that for day 1?

6 comments:

Jess said...

It makes for a good story, doesn't it?It gets better.I was always VERY overwhelmed with each new addtion, at least for a week or two. I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait for all of the updates.

Alisa N. said...

Andy & I need to come meet your sweet Paxton! We are so excited for you guys! Hang in there - each day gets easier with two, although each day is an adventure & I am still getting the hang of it! :)

The Myers said...

How funny! Sweet Holden, you're keeping your mommy on her toes. :) Wait to go Mel. I knew you could do it. Have fun tomorrow.

The Skains Family said...

I so remember those first few weeks with both girls by myself all too well. It seemed like everyday had a different chaotic moment. In the midst of it all I didn't know how I would survive, and now I look back at all of the stories and memories and they make me smile. It does get easier, just remember that. Your little guys are just too cute. I am so happy for you guys and proud too!

Rebekah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
everyday graces said...

at least he didn't take off a poopy diaper and play in it :-)