Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

oh boy ~ oh boy ~ oh boy!

You notice the repeated words three times? Well, it's because we have ANOTHER baby boy! Oh my goodness. Three little boys. Three little brothers. Wow!
We found out about the possibility of him yesterday. Which ironically is the same day we found out about the possibility of Holden in 2008! To the exact date....May 6th. Isn't that crazy!? Also, a long time friend texted me on February 25th and told me about this dream that she had. In her dream we had adopted a 4 month old baby boy, named Adam. I told her how crazy that was since we were doing a newborn adoption program. Well, our little boy is 5 months old. So yesterday, when I knew our family might be a possibility for this little guy, I remembered her telling me about that dream. He was born on December 2nd. He was named Malachi, which we really love. We may be moving Malachi to his middle name...or we may keep it as his first. We are having a tough time deciding on that. And I'm missing a whole lot of information right now. I will share some of what I know. He is 5 months old, but outgrowing his 3-6month clothes. Another big boy on our hands. Apparently, he is a happy little guy, full of smiles and personality. He's cute. :) Check out the recent pictures below.
Tomorrow we will head to Oklahoma to take him in our arms and be his forever family! And I just can't wait to get my hands on him. I've been through many emotions today. So thankful. So so thankful for God's good plans and that He can always be trusted. I love how He speaks to us through circumstances and guides us so gently to His plans for us. But honestly, I've been deeply sad at different points in my day that I've missed 5 whole months of my baby's life. That has been a hard thought for me for many reasons. And that is one of the reasons we are not delaying this trip by another day. I'm already worrying for my new little one and this recent shuffling in his life. Pray for him as he makes this transition to our family. That he could quickly learn who mommy and daddy are and attach to us well. We will be doing everything we know to make it a wonderful and easy transition for him. And here is our newest, sweet little love!
 And I did go on a little shopping trip tonight for my sweet baby boy! Honestly, it really was good retail therapy. It made me even more excited to welcome him home. I bought mostly necessities: diapers, wipes, bath soap, lotion, new pacis and a bottle brush. And then a few extras: a few new outfits and a cute little puppy taggie handheld blanket. I know he has two older brother now, but not everything can be a handmedown just because he is #3! :)

9 comments:

The Myers said...

So So excited for y'all. Praying. Love ya.

Kim said...

Yay!! So happy for you all!! He is absolutely precious.

Amanda said...

Adorable! So happy for you guys. Praying for a smooth transition for everyone.

Misty said...

How exciting.....keep us posted!! We will be praying.

Brett and Erin said...

wow!!! congratulations! 3 boys are great :). Will praying for y'all as you make this transition.

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! he's just perfect! We love him already and can't wait to meet him. Cruz is SO excited to have a new friend. Love y'all and are praying for an easy transition!

DeBrady said...

Oh, I am so happy for your family! How exciting!! He's a cutie. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Unknown said...

Melodie, what a blessing! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. Can't wait to hear more. God bless you abundantly!

The Skains Family said...

Love love love!!! I am thrilled for you guys. I love that you put my dream in there! Haha. SO crazy. Seriously Melodie, he is so adorable.