Recent Posts

Monday, April 26, 2010

Ocho!

Today marks 8 months for our baby Pax. And what a delightful age it is for this little boy. I think back to those first few months with him, and he has changed so much. He was so uncomfortable with his reflux. And though I didn't want to dwell on it then, he was more of a challenge to me than Holden was as an infant. It was tiring and frustrating that I couldn't make him a happier baby. But often now, Jeremy and I comment on what a happy boy that he has become. Such a delight to our home! Full of giggles and smiles. He is especially smiley after he has downed his 6oz of yummy soy formula. Smells awful (and his burps are even worse) but he loves his bottle! And he might decide to hold it himself very soon. Today as I craddled him, he held his bottle without any help from me. In the past he has assited us by placing those chubby hands around the bottle, but today he was doing it solo.
He still contently goes to strangers, family and friends and has never cried at nursery drop off. Yesterday at church a lady wanted to hold him and he went to her. Then he turned towards me when he heard me speaking and reached his arms for me. MELTED. MY. HEART. into a puddle on the floor. Goodness, I have so enjoyed having a momma's boy. As Jeremy was holding him at a church fellowship later on, he was squealing louder and louder and grabbing my shirt to get my attention. Once I held him, he quietened down again. It's official. He loves me more! Only kidding, but it does make me a tad happy to see how he has bonded to me. Don't get me wrong. He loves his daddy and is content in his arms. He gives him big smiles each day as he returns from work.

Paxton is now slowly making his way around on his belly. Still not actually crawling but somehow pushing forward to get where he needs to go. He still only has 2 bottom teeth. But with his runny nose and constant drooling, I'm pretty sure more are coming. We have tried baby puffs, to which he gags and cries. So as of now, he is not yet doing finger foods. But he does love most of his baby food. Not a lover of blueberries. But he opens wide for: green beans, peas, lentils, sweet potato, cauliflower, pumpkin, apples, mango, peaches, pears, bananas and many others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. He is a good eater and is finally enjoying food from the spoon. It seems everything has an adjustment period with Pax. Just like the puffs. He doesn't quite embrace the changes I set before him.

I thought Holden loved his paci. But Paxton has taken that love to a new level.

He is on a great schedule now. He sleeps from 7:30pm-7:30am. He takes a 2-hour nap in the morning and the afternoon. Then he takes a short (normally 45minute) nap in the late afternoon/early evening. I carry him into his dark room and turn on the white noise, he immediately lays his head on my chest. No more fighting sleep. He has become a LOVER of sleep. So I lay him in his crib on his back and hand him his teddy bear and tiny blankie. He immediately rolls over and pops his head up to watch me walk out of the room. And then he's out like a light. He normally wakes up with happy babbling. Music to my ears! He often has his short evening nap in his swing in my room. Yesterday, this is how he took that particular nap. Silly boy. Likes to sleep on his belly these days.

Paxton loves his big brother and spends much time just watching him run circles around him. Holden is now into "holding" Pax. This past week they took their first bath side by side. It's fun to see their little relationship blossom, even at this young age. They are going to be such a blessing to one another in future years.

Mister Paxton has brought a brightness to our days. He has brought thankfulness to these hearts. He has brought an extra voice of giggles and squeals into our home. He is a constant reminder to me that God is the creator of families. And more importantly to my family, that he is the author of adoption. For that I am grateful. We love our baby Pax!

And a few pictures from today to celebrate 8 months of life!

6 comments:

Molly said...

Love, love, love this! I adore your precious family and just wanna kiss all over those boys!

Miss you guys but OH SO thankful for this blog where I can catch up and feed my soul.

Oh, and I love that last part about God being the creator of families and author of adoption...so needed that today!

Daysha said...

sweet sweet boy!!!

Sew said...

So sweet!!!

The Everharts said...

love your pictures! What a sweet face! Rylin just started reaching for us a couple weeks ago, and it really does melt your heart!

everyday graces said...

Adorable! He and Kate could be paci twins :-) She LOVES are nyah nyah as she calls it.

Chassidy said...

They are just so cute!!! I can't wait for Turner to have a brother to play with!!! boys are the best!