Recent Posts

Friday, May 22, 2009

FULL FULL FULL Week!

On Monday, Jeremy headed in one direction (Albuquerque, NM) and I headed in another (good ole Texas). I spent the first night at my sister’s house. There Holden was able to play with his cousins Carson and Cameron. We were also able to see one of Carson’s tee-ball games – which was pretty exciting. His dad, my brother-in-law, is one of the team coaches. Such a patient guy and just the perfect one to be coaching those little boys. It was fun to see Carson play, and I think just as enjoyable to watch Daniel “coach”. He’s a great dad and I hope he knows that it is noticed by others. So a little praise for Daniel, just because I think he deserves it! Cameron and Holden are about 10 months apart in age. I foresee fun, mischievous days together in their futures. We have the privilege of getting Cameron's hand me down clothes. What a blessing! Just this week we were given 2 boxes of fall clothing! Thanks again, guys. Something tells me that we may let them keep the cowboy gear. :) But so cute on Cameron. On Tuesday, we got back on the road and drove to my parents. There we spent a little time with Poppa J. And sweet Nana. And we even got to go and pay a visit to my meme. I think getting to see mister Holden may have brightened her day a bit. To top it all off, we finally got to meet Holden’s new friend, Cason. My dear friend and old college roommate Sarah had Cason 6 months ago. It was good to finally meet the sweet boy! At my parents house we relaxed a bit. Holden got to swing on the tire swing, play in the baby pool and just get a little more spoiled by Papa J and Nana.

He was a great little traveler and slept almost the entire 4 hour drive back home. Yes, I took this picture while speeding down I-35. Notice in the background the semi I’m passing. Don’t worry, we made it home all in one piece. And now we are enjoying an extra long weekend with Jeremy. Holden squealed with excitement and couldn’t get into his arms fast enough when Jeremy met us at the door.
As you can see we had much to keep us busy while Jeremy was away for work! It was a full and fun week, but we are glad to be back in our home.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Thanks for sharing!