Recent Posts

Sunday, January 18, 2009

So far in January . . .

And were off to another enjoyable month with Holden. Can the fun possibly continue!? As you can see from my previous post, he is mobile now. My how that changes things! No more setting him down to play and going back to the office to check out everyone's blogs. I have to keep a closer eye on him now. And the words "no sir" are becoming more regular in our house. And though Holden flashes us a big grin (that melts my heart each time) when we say those words; so far he is normally obedient.
Along with crawling he has begun to try and pull up. He normally just makes it to his knees, then gets stuck and wants help getting back to his seated position. And then we go through it all over again. And again. And again. I actually helped him up to a standing position in this picture. And unfortunately it's a bit blurry. Holden and I had to get out of the house on the coldest day last week. I think it was around 11 degrees that morning. I was off to learn about Esther, while Holden enjoyed some playtime with friends. At church we have just started Beth Moore's study on Esther and it should be good. It's nice to have Thursday mornings with other ladies and Holden gets to see his Sunday School friends from church. I think he was less than thrilled of me taking a picture this particular morning. Within the last couple of weeks, Holden has mastered his coordination of finger foods. He has been eating fruit puffs. Pinching them with his thumb and pointer finger and into his mouth they go . . . normally. On occasion they might end up in the seat of his high chair, on the ground for the dog to eat or stuck to the baby food on his face. But he loves those fruit puffs and I think he is beginning to like the independence of doing it all himself. When I pull out the container he either yells with excitement or starts saying "ooooooh ooooh oooooh". It makes me laugh each time. The boy truly lacks patience when it comes to food. It seems like it has been a long time since I have posted. But things must be in ORDER for me! And I wasn't moving on with the blogging until I had the video downloaded so that everything could be orderly . . . just as life should be! :) Until next time . . .

5 comments:

House said...

He is just so stinkin' cute!!! And the "no sir's" don't stop! I am still saying that constantly!

Jess said...

Wow, he is growing so quickly. I love the pictures of your little man! Thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

Seriously, I can't get enough of him! He is so cute with his hat on!

Keep those pictures coming!

Karey said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Oh my goodness, he is gorgeous! I can't wait to read more. And let me know what you think of the cheesecake bars...I was just thinking I need to make some today!

April said...

Wade is very vocal about his food as well. Holden is so cute and has so much personality! I can't wait to see him again!