Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Family Summer Vacation - Part 2

So Tuesday morning we left Uncle Loren, Aunt Mandy, Hopie, Bella and Ava and headed to Colorado Springs. First stop: Focus on the Family. The entire downstairs was created for children. And it's pretty amazing. They have something for every age. I think the boys will enjoy it even more in a few years. But they loved running around freely, enjoying the play areas and stopping for icecream. There was much to see and do at this fun, little place. And I'm positive that we will be making more trips here in future years.
A little sugar right before afternoon naps. There is no cost to tour the facility or to come and play. That's right, it is completely free, which seems so generous to me. But then they have an enormous bookstore for suckers like me. So we left with a couple of souveniers for the boys. A Veggie Tales sing along DVD and a Veggie Tales book. Jeremy or I may one day regret the DVD purchase when we can't stop singing Love My Lips. After naps and dinner out on Tuesday, our evening was spent like this.
With daily evening showers in the area, we were elated for the indoor pool. So we soaked up the fun that offered. On Wednesday we headed to the amazing Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. More on that later ...

3 comments:

will + adri said...

Melodie - Loving your adoption journey and your two handsome little boys! We're finding your journey so inspirational! Thanks for keeping it updated! Looks like you all are having a wonderful summer vacation!

The Skains Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to hear about the rest. Pax is getting so big. What a cutie!

everyday graces said...

How fun! Pax doesn't look so sure in the floatie :-) Holden seems to love the water. Do you like that floatie vest thingy he's wearing? I'm kind of wishing I would've gotten Kate one. BTW i had the greek yogurt w/blueberries in the bottom and it was good (to answer your Q from my blog)