Recent Posts

Saturday, March 9, 2013

More Pinterest Successes

Here are a few more recipes via Pinterest that I've tried out and loved. I just wanted to share these good ones with the rest of the world.
I made this recipe yesterday. It is sort of a copy cat recipe for Larabars. We LOVE larabars over here at our house. They have no preservatives and additives, just a few basic ingredients. And this little recipe was so easy, I may never buy Larabars again. The downfall to Larabars is that they seem pretty pricey, in my opinion. I can normally get them on sale anywhere from $1-1.25. Which seems a little steep for a single bar. But since they are so nutritionally sound, they have been worth the cost, in my own opinion. But I'm glad I can now cut back a little and make our own. Yesterday I used dried apricots. The next batch, I'll try something new.
This was dinner last night and we will be eating the leftovers tonight. Jeremy, Pax and I really liked it. Holden tolerated it. It got a little soupy once it baked in the oven, which we didn't love. And I even went through her lengthy method of pre-salting the zucchini and then wiping the slices down before layering them into the dish. But they still released more juices and it became a little soupy. We just used a straining spoon to dish up our portions onto our plates.
This one dish dinner was a huge hit with my family. And it was so so simple to prepare. The Italian seasoning added a great flavor. And later in the week, I cooked green beans as a side in the same way, with just butter and Italian seasoning. The whole family gobbled them up. This is going to be a regular in our dinner rotations.
These Tex-Mex meatballs were delicious. Just seeing them reminds me that I need to make them again. If I remember correctly, the little boys found them a little spicey. So next time I may need to make some for them that don't include the chopped jalapeno. If I remember correctly, I served them over cilantro-lime rice.

And if you're looking for something sweet...
My little boys call this recipe strawberry icecream. It is just frozen banana, strawberries, a little almond milk and a splash of vanilla. I'm not sure what I would do without my large food processor these days. It's been a recent purchase and now I use it weekly, for recipes such as this one.
This recipe was a sweet treat that I made and they tasted amazing! A little too amazing. I couldn't stay out of them. Luckily, they are somewhat healthified. But they taste pretty much like chocolate peanut butter cups. Yum!

And here are 2 of my new favorite smoothies:
Orange Smoothie
Green Smoothie with kale
I'm trying out a few more new dinner recipes this week. So eventually, the worthy ones will probably be posted here. Happy cooking! :)

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

I want to try making those Lara bars! Not sure i what dried fruit to use though. We both have different likes