Recent Posts

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The Thanksgiving holiday quickly came and went and now we are in the spirit of Christmas at this house. But I can't completely skip over Thanksgiving on this little blog, even though I didn't do too well with my camera on the actual holiday.


My sister, Amanda, and her family live in Colorado. So we don't get to see them near as often as we see the rest of the family. But we did get a few days with them for Thanksgiving, which was really nice. The little cousins spent a couple of nights at our house last week, which was lots of fun for my boys. Holden loved pestering the girls. And Pax loved being Bella's baby. Yes, that's right. At some point early on, she convinced him that he was her little baby boy. She carried him all around the house for 2 days. He wrapped his little legs around her, like he normally does to me. He rarely spoke, since babies don't speak. He became nearly helpless, like any good pretend baby. It was hilarious. When he had to take a nap or go to bed at night, he cried buckets of tears and would sadly cry out "I want my Bella." He wanted to sit by her when we sat at the kitchen table. He followed her around like a little shadow, when he wasn't in her arms. It was sweet, cute and completely ridiculous. But it made us laugh alot last week. And when it was time for final goodbyes on Friday night, there were lots of tears. Not from Bella. Just Pax. He loves his cousin Bella. And I have to admit, she is pretty lovable. I can't blame him one bit. Here is the duo. She is reading him a book. This is about as far as he got from her. He was normally in her lap. :)
We did a little turkey craft on Thursday.
And the littlest of the 5 quickly finished and showed off their art. Notice the printed H's all over Holden's. He has mastered the H and it makes me proud. :) Forget coloring these days. All he wants to do is practice writing his H.
Some more playtime in Holden's bed. (Holden, Ava, Pax and Bella)
On Thursday morning, we headed to east Texas and spent the day with my mom's extended family. No pictures. I failed.

We stayed the night in a hotel on Thursday night so we could spend Friday with my dad's family. All 4 of us in 1 hotel room was quite interesting. Let's just say it was a little challenging getting 1 little boy to settle down and actually sleep. Even after no naps that day. The 3 year old was so over the top excited about us all being in the same room, he had a hard time chilling out. But here are my little loves cuddling up and watching a movie together.
We plan on them sharing a room in the very near future. After Thursday night, I'm not sure how that is going to work. In fact, I ended up sleeping with Pax and Jeremy with Holden. It just wasn't working the other way. There was lots of playing and giggling going on. But no attempts at closing the eyes and sleeping.
On Friday morning, we headed to meme's house. My dad took TONS of pictures on this day. I only took 1. Failed again.
My meme has saved alot of my papaws things. He passed away almost 5 years ago. Well, she decided to pull out his old caps and share them with her little great-grandsons. Pax received a hat also, but was napping when I snapped this picture. Just thought these ugly hats were pretty funny.

Like every year, I have much to be thankful for. It was a wonderful celebration with family this year. Hoping yours was a thankful, happy day!

No comments: