Recent Posts

Monday, May 23, 2011

Holden's "performance".

Last Wednesday I was invited to Holden's school to observe his class during Music and Spanish time. It was a quick 30 minutes, but I loved seeing a little bit of what he does each week at school. I was completely prepared for the fact that he might not be his typical school-boy self with his mommy in the room. And I was right about that part. But it was still fun to watch, even if he acted a bit silly for me.

Music class: Spanish class:
I have to say that I'm amazed what Holden has learned in Spanish class. To be honest, his class sat quietly, while Holden and his teacher showed off their Spanish skills. I recognized months ago that he knew his numbers (1-10). But he has also been working on his colors, days of the week and other things. This is something I want to continue to work on so his little brain doesn't lose this new knowledge. I can even hear him attempt to roll his "R" just like Ms. Es, his sweet teacher. It's cute!

I love this little school! Holden has been here 1 day per week since he was 18months. So I'm a little bit sad that neither of the boys will attend there next year. And the only reason being, that I would have to commit to 2 days per week for both boys and I'm just not ready for that. But I think that I may have found us a new school where they can go only 1 day per week. I will know for sure tomorrow!

We were told not to bring siblings last Wednesday which made things a little tricky. But I was able to drop of Pax with Lauren since it was a short little diddy. I wasn't sure how he would handle the drop off since it was a new environment and he leans towards being a mommy's boy. There were no tears at all. And Lauren reported back to me that they had a fun time of playing "pull the slinky and let it go" and also coloring. Thanks Lauren for watching Pax on such short notice.Looks like he was well-loved and cared for!

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

We had a tiny little blast :) anytime, friend!