Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleepy Sunday.

Unfortunately, Sundays have become a little difficult for our boys. I'm trying to figure how to remedy that. I think maybe we've packed our plate too full for this stage in their life. You know that stage where there has to be a solid nap or things can get ugly. Well, they always get the nap. But I think, to them the day feels like: GO GO GO. Long nap. GO GO GO. And then to bed. Not very Sabbath-like. Pax fell asleep before we made it out of the church parking lot. We ate lunch at home and decided if we put him on the couch while we ate, the noise might wake him and he would want to eat before going down for his nap. Because you should know, this boy loves to eat!
It didn't work. He stayed conked out well past lunchtime. Then he fell off the couch, while carefully landing on a pile of blankets and pillows. :) He was startled so I took the opportunity to cuddle him as if he were 2 months old. And he slept on my chest for a long while. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.
He's sweet. He's still a momma's boy. He's a mess. But I love him soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

4 comments:

Daysha said...

Sweet boy and cute hair momma

everyday graces said...

Adorable boy and adorable hair! I want more pics of that haircut STAT!
p.s. I just want to pinch his little chubby cheeks

The Everharts said...

so sweet! I love to catch some sleepy cuddle time with Rylin. Sometimes if he wakes up at night, I go rock him because it makes ME happy! Spoiled, I know, but he usually is unaware anyways, and its about the only time he sits still for me to hold him:) Makes me think of the Love You Forever book.

Jodi.Pafford said...

I LOVE holding Joseph like that...not that it happens anymore!! It only happens when he's sick. Even though I long for those cuddle times, I do NOT long for him to be sick!!! Sweet Sweet Boys!!