Recent Posts

Friday, June 20, 2008

Blessed by dads!

Sunday was Jeremy’s first Father’s Day and he got diddly squat from this mother-son team. But can Holden really be any part of the blame?? No. In my defense, I looked for something in the hospital gift shop, but really had no luck. It was a crazy weekend, but I think Father’s Day did end up being a special one for Jeremy once we were released to go home. That was a nice gift in itself. So some things I love about Jeremy and his recent exploration into fatherhood.

*He prays for his son and we pray as a family. I know this will be something that Holden will naturally see as Jeremy has already begun including him in these prayer times.

*He is an amazing swaddler. Better than me. And better than some of the nurses we encountered last weekend. Once he swaddles Holden, there will be NO limbs escaping and he sleeps so well that way!

*He reads books to Holden and uses his animated expressions in conversation. Yes, Jeremy has quickly picked up on the baby talk.

*Holden is the only person I know that can wake Jeremy up in the middle of the night and it puts a smile on Jeremy’s face. Jeremy REALLY enjoys his sleep, but Holden’s disturbances don’t bother him in the least.

*I left Jeremy alone with Holden within the 1st week that we had him. He is just so good with him and more than capable of the responsibility.

*He is a wonderful provider and takes that responsibility so seriously. Sometimes, too seriously, (if you ask) me when I just want to live on faith. But his practical side really balances us out as a couple.

There are so many other things that I love about Jeremy, as a father, my husband and my very best friend. He is my blessing. Now he is our blessing!



And there are other important fathers in our lives. Jeremy’s dad had a big hand in the development of who Jeremy has become. So to him I am forever grateful. Thank you so much for your love and support to us as a family. We love you! Happy belated Father’s Day.

And to my dad, could a girl ask for a better one? I think not. You are 4 hours away, but I know from last Thursday that you can be here in a moments notice. Thank you for your availability, care and concern. Thank you for your level head that can listen and share advice. I love you! And happy belated Father’s Day to you!

Holden has a special message for you both. See below. Dads, the gifts will be in the mail tomorrow. I know they are so late!! We’ll do better next year.

1 comment:

The Coopers said...

Too sweet! We love you all!!
And are so glad Holden is back on the mend. Can't wait to see you guys again soon.