Recent Posts

Monday, December 7, 2015

Halloween 2015

I'm still playing catch up over here. So I'll be doing a condensed version of our fall season. So here we are at Halloween. For the first year ever we didn't make it to a pumpkin patch this year. We had so much rain and it often fell on our weekends. Then after the rain, I knew the patches would be a terrible mudfest. So we skipped it this year. Oh well. Hopefully next year.
 The boys in their Halloween tees.
 A little crafting on the morning of Halloween. Marshmallow ghosts.
And coloring by number.
Halloween night we took these characters trick-or-treating.
Everyone chose their own costume this year. Pax has been saying for nearly two years that he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. So his decision was fitting. Abe just loves firetrucks and decided it was a good idea. And Holden, I think he just saw the Hulk costume and wanted it. I have a "nothing scary" rule with our Halloween festivities. So I think Holden chose Hulk because he still looked scary even though he's a good guy. I think he's a good guy. ???  I know very little about super heroes. 
Abe's little buddy Cruz came along, as is our tradition. For the past several years we have had two Halloween traditions at our house. 1) Frito chili pie for dinner and 2) trick-or-treating with these friends.
After 8 little legs were worn out from walking a portion of our neighborhood, the boys got to check out their goods and eat some candy.
 The next Sunday afternoon we finally got around to carving our pumpkin. Clearly, we just were not on top of it this year. Except costumes. I think I had those ordered back in August. But this year the big boys helped Jeremy do some of the carving.
 The finished product.
Another Halloween of fun in the books!

No comments: