Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a game and an interview.

Last week Holden and I played a real game together. It's called blow-the-cottonball-across-the-table-to-your-partner. And so we did, back and forth. As you can see, he loved it. It took very little materials and planning on my part. And it was fun little morning activity during Paxton's nap. The blowing of the cottonball eventually turned into swatting the cottonball with the straw. After he was bored with our little game, he requested to color. As he colored, I decided to interview him. And because I'm sure you all will find an interview with a 2-year old soooo interesting, here it is:
Me: What is your name?
H: (pointing to chest) Oden.
Me: What is your favorite color?
H: gween
Me: What is your favorite toy?
H: puzzoos (this one surprised me)
Me: What is your favorite cartoon?
H: Doowah
Me: What is your favorite lunch to eat?
H: Tacos. Paxton yikes tacos. (For the record: I never cook tacos for lunch. And Paxton has never eaten tacos.)
Me: How old are you?
H: 1.
Me: Noooooooo.
H: 2! (How does he remember every single detail on the first time, but forget his age? I'm pretty sure he is doing this on purpose. When asked his age, he always answers 1.)

I was actually suprised that we even had an interview that made sense. I mean, we are having conversations constantly with this boy, but that I could sit down and ask specific questions and receive answers that made sense . . . it was fun! In case I haven't said it enough already, I am really loving this stage! One more picture of Holden for you.
Apparently monkey was congested last week.

4 comments:

Loraena Tuttle said...

so cute! I'm going to have to try this with Ellie. =) I'm desperate for new material to put on the blog and really need to put more about her up!

kh123 said...

We play this at restaurants if the food is taking an exceptionally long time- we role up the straw trash as the cotton ball.

Chassidy said...

I'm going to play the game and interview with Turner! What fun ideas :)

Kristie said...

Apparently the boy wants some tacos. I'm pretty sure if I interviewed Will all he would say would be "ball" or "cracker".

Love your boys! They are beautiful!