Recent Posts

Friday, May 23, 2008

New full-time job

This is a picture of one happy mama and her, as normal, sleepy baby boy. Asleep again. My mom took this picture when I returned home from work today. Today was my final day of work and I kind of squealed as I drove off the center. Not because I hated the job. I had a great job and worked with some wonderful people. It was a great place for me and I can see why God’s hand led me to it. And I feel that job has made a huge financial impact in us being able to adopt right now. It has been a huge blessing! And I will miss the people dearly! And so I drove away today feeling so blessed. So blessed to have a husband that has the faith to say we can make it fine with me at home. A husband that is so encouraging and supportive of this dream. And I know that not all women are cut out to stay home with their children. But I feel like I will finally be doing what I truly love. Sitting on the couch eating bon-bons and watching soap operas. Just kidding, I have no interest in soap operas, but the bon-bons sound pretty good right now. No, really, I am just looking forward to raising children. Just my children – not everyone else’s. :) And so we begin a new and fun adventure!

5 comments:

the thorntons said...

That's great that you're going to be able to stay home with him! He has no idea what a lucky little guy he is!

House said...

Congratulations...it's a huge transition, but is well worth EVERY sacrifice! Enjoy your time!

Amanda said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see you!

The Coopers said...

I am so proud for you. We had a great weekend getting to cuddle with Holden. Carson was just smitten at first sight. Being a stay at home is the most rewarding but we all know the hardest job on earth and I think you will be great. I can't believe that all three sisters are getting to enjoy these wonderful little miracles at home full-time and have husbands that do support our dreams. You will be so blessed and glad you did it! I love you!

Jonna Wilson said...

I'm so happy for you!! It is a blessing to be home with the little ones!
Jonna