Recent Posts

Friday, May 23, 2008

When it Rains, it Pours

Jeremy and I work with an amazing group of people. I don’t just say that because they showered us with gifts today. I say that because I have witnessed their generosity for the past 2+ years while working with this bunch. At Christmas, my birthday, Secretaries Day, they always go above and beyond. And yesterday was no exception. We had a wonderful baby shower and received so many of the necessities that we have been needing since the arrival of Holden. You know, normally you have the baby showers before the arrival of the baby. That must be so convenient! We knew that with adoption it would be different and the baby showers would come later. But our co-workers immediately got on the ball and started planning so that we wouldn’t be in need for long.

So yesterday was an exciting event! Holden went to his first baby shower. And like most other things, he slept through the entire shower while he was passed from person to person. Everyone wanted to love on our little guy which was so nice. We were once again overwhelmed by the generosity of our friends and co-workers. They were too good to us. Thank you all for being so kind! Holden received some adorable clothes and he will be such a stylin’ boy for months to come. I have to say that my most exciting gift was my jogging stroller! Ok, you may have noticed over there on the right that the “logging my jogging” has come to a HAULT! Hear my excuse: we learned of Holden at last minute and I had promised my job 2 weeks notice before I flew the coup for good. So I have been working full-time (or a little less) the past 2 weeks and today (Friday) is my final day at work. After that I will be a full-time stay at home mommy! So lately, my evenings have been spent bonding with my Holden, NOT hitting the pavement. And to think I was up to 4 miles 2 weeks ago. But now I have a jogging stroller. This is so exciting to me! I know I need to wait several more weeks before I jostle him around in that thing. But won’t that thing be great motivation for me!! What a wonderful gift! I can’t say thank you enough.

We also received our pack-n-play which means we are ready for a road trip. He’ll have a place to sleep when we travel to see our families. Which should be very soon! I can’t list everything that we received. There were so many wonderful things. We loaded up the trunk of my car and the bed of Jeremy’s truck. These thoughtful people made our very first baby shower such a special one that we will never forget. A huge thank you to all of our friends at the FAA! You people have been a blessing to work with! And I will miss you all!

No comments: