Recent Posts

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Holden

During the last few days of April I can't help but reflect back to what it was like for me in 2008. I was heartbroken on this very night eight years ago. Heartbroken. In tears. And talking to God. I remember that night like it was yesterday. It was a heart wrenching night where I eventually went to bed with red puffy eyes and a stuffy nose. But now when I reflect on it, I can't help but smile at God's plan. How he held me during that time. But as a good father, I know he was eagerly waiting to place this gift into my hands. He knew what was taking place in the morning. I knew God had asked me to faithfully pray for an April baby, but there we were closing out the month with empty arms. A nursery ready for our little one, yet no news of when that might be. That more detailed story is here. So tomorrow we will be celebrating our 8 year old miracle. Holden has heard this story so many times, but I know he doesn't understand the weight of it and how much his story has impacted Jeremy and I. And honestly, I'm not sure that he will ever get it until he is a father himself. But what a privilege to be this boy's momma. On the good days and hard days and every day in between. Thank you Jesus for making him ours!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: