Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Logging My Jogging

Please note that I did say jogging. Which is much different than running. I don’t claim to run. I never have made that claim. So I have returned to jogging . . . my first love. Oh that’s a lie! It’s been in my life off and on for as long as I can remember. I usually end up giving up the jogging because I don’t really enjoy it. I mean, I love it when I am done; but during the event I’m usually hating it. But I do feel it is best for weight loss and overall cardio. So I choose it, rather than the other options. So now, I will be logging my weekly miles, over there on the right. For all of you serious runners, consider me a beginner. I really want to be a runner. It’s in my heart . . . the desire, that is. And still sometimes I wonder if I will make it to a marathon. Today I only jogged 2 miles and it was a challenge, so 26 really seems daunting to me at this point. Some days I will be hitting the pavement and other times the treadmill. But either way, I will be adding up my miles as I go along in the week. That 5.3 may not budge this week as we are going out of town for the weekend. But I may try to get in 1 run while we are away.

I was supposed to do my first 5k in early March, but I got sick and blah blah blah . . . I’m sure you don’t want to hear my very good excuses. So the new date will be April 27th. Plenty of time, right? I hope so! So that is what I am working towards.

And here is where I need your input. I have a new running friend. It is my IPOD Shuffle and she is a lifesaver. And a tiny, little thing. There is no more need to read the captions on the TV screens at the gym to keep my mind off of my tired legs and collapsing lungs. I just listen to her sing to me. So I need some heart-pumpin-cardio-music to get me through these runs. Oops . . . sorry . . . these jogs. As much as I love the Josh Turner that Jeremy downloaded, it sure makes me want to slow down, or just stop all together. So send me your best suggestions and I will begin my downloading.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, I have the perfect website for you. My friend Debbie's husband, Ian, just started a blog at www.rockstarrunning.com. On it he puts new songs every day with a beats per minute notation so you can download songs that, when you run to their rhythm, it keeps you at a good pace. Check out the site. It's a great idea! By the way, I am jogging now, too. Running a 5K in May!

Melodie said...

oooh perfect! i will check it out. thanks!!