Recent Posts

Friday, February 22, 2008

We Passed!

Ok. That wasn’t a huge concern . . . passing/failing. I mean, we don’t have a criminal record or anything. But our social worker came to our house today for our final interview and our home safety inspection. And apparently, our home is safe and we are somewhat normal characters. The agency is still waiting on our fingerprints. She said they should be in by mid-March, at the latest. And that is about it. Once that information comes in, the agency will be able to show our scrapbook to prospective birth mothers.

After the interview, we went out and bought our car seat/stroller combo. Which is very cute, I might add. That is the one thing that our social worker suggested purchasing ahead of time . . . since you never know. We could get a last minute call and not have any “planning” time. I have to say it was a lot of fun to walk around Babies R Us and dream. Though it was a tad overwhelming thinking about all the decisions to make. There is NO lacking for options in the baby stores these days. A young girl helped us with the stroller hunt. (Some of them were so complicated for first-timers!!) Since we were looking at the gender neutral ones, she asked if we were having a boy or a girl. I explained we didn’t know and that we were adopting. And that opened up a whole new wonderful conversation that I won’t even get into. I wonder if I should be offended that she possibly thought I could be 5 months pregnant right now. I’m going to try not to think of it that way.

No comments: