Recent Posts

Thursday, November 7, 2013

November is upon us!

I love the month of November. And now we are a week in. Fall is, hands down, my favorite season of the year. I'm one of those that loves each season and I'm always anticipating the next one.

I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday with family that we don't see as often. My sister from Colorado will be coming this way with her family. We will also be headed east to see my grandparents and those are rare visits these days.

We are starting our Thankful Tree a little late. I just returned home with our paper to make our leaves. I told the big boys on the way to MDO today that we would start adding leaves to our tree tonight. Pax told me he was thankful for baby Abe. :) Hopefully my pathetic attempt at a tree won't look so sad once it's covered in the colorful leaves. I'm not much of a planner these days. Sometimes I throw it together and hope for the best. As evidence of the sad tree.
Probably the biggest reason I love this month is that it includes a special celebration. Jeremy and I will be celebrating 11 years of marriage this month. 11 years. Ahhh marriage...just as dreamy as we envisioned when we were 21 and it was finally confirmed that we had found the person that we truly wanted to commit forever to. ;) Ha. Not always easy and never perfect. But solidly committed and forever blessed because of that. And for the first time in a while our anniversary is falling on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, just like the year of our wedding. It won't be crammed in with holiday this year.
It's National Adoption Month! For my first time ever, I sat through a church service that recognized Orphan Sunday last week! It wasn't the big advocacy that I am so passionate about. But it's baby steps and I'm thankful for those steps.
To add even more excitement to our month, tomorrow we will have our last post placement visit to finalize Abe's adoption. Hopefully finalization will happen before the end of the year.
 
November is always a special time for us and this year is no exception.

2 comments:

will + adri said...

November is looking good! Happy Anniversary! So glad you get some time to relax and enjoy each other. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Awww Happy Anniversary! So excited for you two!