Recent Posts

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back to school (MDO)

The big boys headed back to school today. That sounds a little funny since we are doing school at home this year. Technically, Holden and Pax are enrolled in Mother's Day Out again this year. They don't go here necessarily to learn or for socialization. Both of these things are good and will come naturally at this school/Mother's Day Out (whichever you want to call it). But honestly, they just go so that I can have a little sanity. A day for grocery shopping in peace, if Abe allows that. A day for errands. Or maybe cleaning the house during Abe's morning nap. Or sitting and reading a book. Or a lunch date with Jeremy or a friend! So many options! All of the things I don't do when I have three little boys to keep up with. So back to school we go!
They loved their first day! They walked right into their classroom and began playing with the toys. That's what I like to see. :) Abe and I headed home so I could work on a little cleaning while he took a long nap. I can't promise that I'll spend another Thursday cleaning though. Not my idea of "me time". :)

1 comment:

The Everharts said...

Just catching up on my blog reading! Love all your updates and can't believe how big those boys are. Too sweet! My hubby is a big fan of Tabata. Kicks my you-know-what! Way to go on Homeschooling! I'm sure you'll be great.