Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

So for the past several years our church has encouraged participation in Lent. And it has always been a meaningful time for me. I had never done this until about 5 years ago. Making the decision to sacrifice something significant in my life, in an attempt to draw myself closer to my Lord has become a special time over the past few years. I think one year I gave up TV, one year it was eating out, 2 years I sacrificed the radio. The radio was probably the most beneficial to me of these sacrifices because I drove to work in silence for 40 days. It gave me 30 minutes to pray on my drive to work and my drive home. An hour of extra prayer time a day! This year is different since I am not commuting to work and I don’t spend as much time in the car. So I have had to think . . . what would hurt if I took it away for the next 40 days? And I am a little sad to say that it is reading all of your blogs. It kind of consumes me. I love to read the newest of what’s going on in the lives of all of my friends. I enjoy it to the point that I check for updates 2-3 times a day (during nap times of course!). So no more blog reading for this girl for the next 40 days. What will I do with all the extra time?! I plan to pray.
P.S. If anything exciting happens to you before Easter – please do call me or email me. :) I don’t want to be completely out of the loop! OH! And I will be still posting updates here. Just not reading others.

3 comments:

The Myers said...

Awesome Melodie! I hope that the Lord speaks to you during this time.

Molly said...

Oh man! You hit home here girly! I can't tell you how addicted I am to these silly blogs. But how else would I keep up on Sadie's man???

So, bow out sweet girl. See you in 40. WAIT! I get to see you Saturday I think! YEAH!

everyday graces said...

I decided to give up Rachael Ray. It was hard to take off the DVR but I'm looking forward to that extra hour to stretch some spiritual muscles that have been a little stiff for awhile.