Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Waiting, Waiting and More Waiting

Well, we are still waiting. I pray so hard that waiting is not the theme of 2008! We are waiting on a phone call or email or writing in the sky that tells us that the results of our fingerprints have come back and we can officially begin waiting. And there is that word again . . . WAIT. But this next wait will be so much more exciting. And the anticipated phone call that comes at the end of the wait will completely change our lives forever. But this fingerprint waiting is just another stepping stone to get there. Email is something I check often now. And the phone is the first place I go after returning home, to check for new messages. It’s probably a good thing that I don’t know our answering machine code to check our messages while away from home. I might wear out that machine.

The agency said the fingerprinting normally takes 6-8 weeks. Tomorrow is 7 weeks. So I know, I know. I am a little overly anxious. I think my biggest fear is that we will be told that there was a flaw in the prints and they need to be redone. And we will begin another 6-8 weeks of waiting. I know people wait YEARS to adopt internationally and sometimes it is the same way with domestic adoption. And let me say . . . I can’t even imagine!! We basically started this process 7 weeks ago and it has moved so quickly. Thank you, God!

On another note, they are predicting 7-10 inches of snow here in central Oklahoma, beginning tomorrow. I’m ok with that. Never really been in a blizzard and that is sure what 7-10 inches sounds like to me! But my parents are supposed to be heading this way tomorrow. And I will be TICKED OFF if those plans are interrupted because of this idiotic/bipolar weather. I have been anxiously awaiting this visit. It is always a good weekend when we are able to spend it with family!!

Well, I’m off to check my email for the umpteenth time and see if our social worker received the fingerprint info today! :) Thanks for listening to me whine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have learned about waiting, and God's timing IS perfect...I know it sounds cliche but if I could only tell you my stories of waiting over the past year, and that God's timing was immaculate!

Wishing you a short wait!

Carrie said...

I'm so happy you invited me to visit your blog! Just remember God's word "For I know the plans I have for you, "says the Lord. "Plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11. It is sooooo hard to wait. I think the hardest part of our trying to conceive journey was the wait. I've ALWAYS wanted to know what my future held. Patience is not an easy lesson, but somehow the pain and struggle is so worth it in the end. The lessons you will learn along the way serve to make you even better parents. I'm so excited for what God has in store for you both!

Amanda said...

There is so much richness in the wait, hard though it is...i love you, sis!

Phyllis said...

Hang in there sweetie! Yes, we waited 3 years--well worth the wait, though. Enjoy your visit with your parents.
Love you!

themac's said...

Hey Melodie and Jeremy,

I just ran across your blog. I am so excited about this new journey you guys are on. I can't wait to hear how it all comes together. Hope you guys are doing good.
-Reyna